Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Guinea Pigs and Sibling Rivalry

Those of you who know me well enough probably already know this story, but it's one of my favorites.

I've been told that Matthew loved me quite a bit when I was a baby, but in my first memories of him he was not my biggest fan, as can be seen in what I've come to refer to as "The Guinea Pig Incident."

When I was about four and Matt was eightish, he had two guinea pigs. He named them Tony and Linda, after our parents. These names proved appropriate because Tony and Linda developed a rodent romance and eventually became proud piggy parents.

My parents let Matthew keep two of the babies, and with that, their family became a little, stinky, furry version of ours. He named one of the babies Matt-- makes sense. The other? Fluffy.

Tony, Linda, Matt, and Fluffy. One happy family.

No comments:

Post a Comment